A customer experience is an interaction between an organization and a customer as perceived through a customer’s conscious and subconscious mind. It is a blend of an organization’s rational performance, the senses stimulated and the emotions evoked and intuitively measured against customer expectations across all moments of contact.
- A customer experience is not just about a rational experience (e.g. how quickly a phone is answered, what hours you’re open, delivery time scales, etc.).
- More than 50 percent of a customer experience is subconscious, or how a customer feels.
- A customer experience is not just about the ‘what,’ but also about the ‘how.’
- A customer experience is about how a customer consciously and subconsciously sees his or her experience.
It’s a complex process of understanding your organization’s relationship with your customers. When addressed effectively, customer experience eases customer acquisition, drives customer loyalty and improves customer retention.
- We help organizations improve their customer experiences by:
- Helping organizations develop customer experience strategies that deliver results,
- Undertaking specialized emotionally-based customer research methods we’ve developed in conjunction with some of the world’s most prestigious business institutions,
- Helping to define how customer-centric the organization is, and how customer-centric it wants to be,
- Designing emotionally engaging customer experiences,
- Measuring experiences organizations currently deliver, and
- Training leaders to become customer experience experts themselves.